Cisco Unified Communications Solutions unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks, delivering a media-rich collaboration experience across business, government agency, and institutional workspaces. These applications use the network as the platform to enhance comparative advantage by accelerating decision time and reducing transaction time. The security, resilience, and scalability of the network enable users in any workspace to easily connect anywhere, anytime, and anyplace, using any media, device or operating system. Cisco Unified Communications is part of a comprehensive solution that includes network infrastructure, security, wireless, management applications, lifecycle services, flexible deployment and outsourced management options, and third-party applications. Features And Benefits
- Speakerphone : Full-duplex speakerphone with acoustic echo cancellation.
- Messages Key : Provides direct access to voicemail.
- Help Button : Online Help gives users information about the phone keys, buttons, and features.
- Services Key : Allows users to quickly access diverse information such as weather, stocks, quote of the day, or any Web based information using XML.
- Headset Port : Dedicated headset port eliminates the need for a separate headset amplifier and allows the handset to remain in its cradle, making headset use simpler. Both wideband (G.722) and narrowband headsets are supported.
- Volume Control : Provides easy decibel-level adjustments for the speakerphone, handset, headset, and ringer. The handset is hearing aid-compatible. Additional volume control gain can be achieved using an inline handset amplifier.
- Multiple Ring Tones : More than 24 defined user-selectable ring tones are available. Ring tones may also be personalized through use of the Cisco Unified Phone Application Suite.